Thursday, August 22, 2013

Incoming! Worst Batman ever!

Today, it was announced that Ben Affleck is going to be the next person to play Batman.

And a little part of me died.

I am sorry, but this is a prime example of why Warner Brothers have never successfully translated DC comics into a major movie franchise. This choice is probably going to make Adam West's and George Clooney's versions of Batman look like pure gold.

Yes, I know that part of my problem with this choice is the fact that I really wanted to see Warner Brothers throw out the rule that Batman must be Bruce Wayne. I personally think that they should have continued with the storyline that they set up where Joseph Gordon-Levitt was the next Batman. Yes, there would be no Bruce Wayne--but we would have an actual Batman the Detective rather than Batman the Wounded Poster Child of Guilt Dressed up in a Million Dollar Battlesuit.

I guess that I am just going to have to write fan-fiction where John Blake is Batman because there is no way that choosing Affleck is going to end in anything other than a train wreck.

Remember Affleck played Daredevil...he didn't do such a great job there, did he? Do I need to say more?!

No comments: